HAB Launch Saturday

Kanda Weather Group

Hi,

I've been doing small weather balloon launches with students in West Africa for the past two years and was referred by Dennis Strouble. On an email chain, he showed me that you guys plan on testing LoRa on 433MHz, and it's also what I've been using (but on 915 and 868MHz).

I'm located in Dallas and would like to drive out to Denton for Saturday's launch.

Would it be ok if I came out this weekend?

Just as background, here's a link to my project:

Thanks,
Nicolas

AE5IB (Kip)

Everyone is welcome.

We do not know where we will be launching from yet.

All the predictions are for a east to west flight, which is the wrong direction for us normally.

We will probably launch north of Princeton or Farmersville (maybe Blue Ridge) so we will not land in a city or a lake. We will know more by Friday.

Keep track. If you want you can follow the balloon to where it lands.

I can help you with that if you wish.

Kip
AE5IB

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 12:49 PM Kanda Weather Group <kandaweather@...> wrote:
Hi,

I've been doing small weather balloon launches with students in West Africa for the past two years and was referred by Dennis Strouble. On an email chain, he showed me that you guys plan on testing LoRa on 433MHz, and it's also what I've been using (but on 915 and 868MHz).

I'm located in Dallas and would like to drive out to Denton for Saturday's launch.

Would it be ok if I came out this weekend?

Just as background, here's a link to my project:

Thanks,
Nicolas

Kanda Weather Group

Kip,

I'm located near downtown Dallas, so a drive up to Princeton is equidistant to Denton. In all likelihood, I'll meet you guys up there for the physical launch.

And will bring one of my own little 40 gram payloads for show and tell.

Nick

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 12:55 PM AE5IB (Kip) <kiptonm@...> wrote:
[...]

Tony Campbell W5ADC

Nick,

Welcome to the group.  I would love to see one of your payloads.  It seems like a very interesting project.

Tony
W5ADC