RWK/PHAB-17 DMR Single Frequency Repeater Test - Tonight/Tomorrow (7/20-7/21)


Andrew Koenig
 

The DMR single frequency repeater is set up here at the casa on the big antenna in the backyard (~40' AGL). If you have a chance, you should give it a try and see if you can get in.

Settings:
* 441.0MHz
* Color Code 1
* Talkgroup 99
* Timeslot 1
* Admit Criteria: Channel Free (recommended)

How will you know if you're getting in? I set up a webcam that's pointed at the radio. Login to this site, find the "Prestige North" camera, click Live View, and key up. The audio may not work, but you'll see the screen flicker and the red PTT light come on.

user: rwk
pass: K5RWKK5RWK

73 de KE5GDB

--
Andrew Koenig


Tony Campbell W5ADC
 

I think you were my very first DMR contact.  I am looking forward to trying this on the balloon.  Here a question for you.  If we both have our radios configured the same way and happen to be close to one another, will it go direct or via the balloon repeater?  Also, does this repeat in real time?  OK, close to real time.

Tony


Andrew Koenig
 

It repeats close to real time. Each timeslot is 30ms, so the RF side of things introduces 60ms of delay (two timeslots, one for RX and one for TX at the SFR). Double that for the CODEC, and we're probably close to 150ms for the whole process. 

If you can hear both the SFR and the transmitting station, the one your radio picks is indeterminate. 

73 de KE5GDB


On Tue, Jul 20, 2021, 7:39 PM Tony Campbell W5ADC <tony@...> wrote:
I think you were my very first DMR contact.  I am looking forward to trying this on the balloon.  Here a question for you.  If we both have our radios configured the same way and happen to be close to one another, will it go direct or via the balloon repeater?  Also, does this repeat in real time?  OK, close to real time.

Tony


Dave W8OV
 

I got the red "light" from Plano with 5W from a handheld.

73,

Dave W8OV

On 2021-07-20 7:48 PM, Andrew Koenig wrote:
It repeats close to real time. Each timeslot is 30ms, so the RF side of things introduces 60ms of delay (two timeslots, one for RX and one for TX at the SFR). Double that for the CODEC, and we're probably close to 150ms for the whole process. 

If you can hear both the SFR and the transmitting station, the one your radio picks is indeterminate. 

73 de KE5GDB

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021, 7:39 PM Tony Campbell W5ADC <tony@...> wrote:
I think you were my very first DMR contact.  I am looking forward to trying this on the balloon.  Here a question for you.  If we both have our radios configured the same way and happen to be close to one another, will it go direct or via the balloon repeater?  Also, does this repeat in real time?  OK, close to real time.

Tony


Andrew Koenig
 

The DMR SFR test went very well. We had a number of people check in via HT from all around. It looks like the system is working well, and I'll be wrapping it up tonight for the flight.

The next test is an SSTV test on 144.5MHz. Standby for more info. I have a little more programming to do, but it should be on the air in the next hour or so.

73 de KE5GDB


On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 6:47 PM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
The DMR single frequency repeater is set up here at the casa on the big antenna in the backyard (~40' AGL). If you have a chance, you should give it a try and see if you can get in.

Settings:
* 441.0MHz
* Color Code 1
* Talkgroup 99
* Timeslot 1
* Admit Criteria: Channel Free (recommended)

How will you know if you're getting in? I set up a webcam that's pointed at the radio. Login to this site, find the "Prestige North" camera, click Live View, and key up. The audio may not work, but you'll see the screen flicker and the red PTT light come on.

user: rwk
pass: K5RWKK5RWK

73 de KE5GDB

--
Andrew Koenig


--
Andrew Koenig