Field Day June 8 update #FieldDay

Mikeltharp

Hello,

I've attached the most recent PowerPoint an PDF.  As discussed during last week's Field Day meeting, this year the club will be focusing on Covid prevention.  As a result, the club will only run 3 transmitters (2 SSB and 1 CW).  Shift sign-ups are coming soon.

This version shows that we will be using 3 club-supplied transmitters.  I know some people are also planning on bringing some of their personal equipment.  To promote safe distancing the club will forego GOTA, exams and public promotion.  The focus for 2020 will be on operating transmitters and logging contacts.

If you will not be joining us onsite, remember, this year the ARRL is allowing club members to participate from home as Class D or E.  For example Dave Koch will be operating CW 1E from his house this year.

Keep a log of your contacts so we can include them in the club totals.

 A few specific questions that need to be resolved by the end of the week:

@Sean Kelly W5SPK - I've left the Safety Officer Slides as TBD.  Is the club interested in safety officer duties this year?

@ Tony Campbell W5ADC - Will you be leading the antenna setup again this year?  Also, can you bring an antenna analyzer?

@ Kip Morvec AE5IB - Will you be leading the antenna setup again this year?

@ Rob Forson K5WFR - Will you be assisting with transmitter setup this year?

@ Katherine Forson KT5KMF - Will you be assisting with transmitter setup this year?

More to come.

Mike KG5TJF

Anthony

I've got a signup running here. Each signup has the ability to comment what you'll be bringing, doing, so that we can all see who's already committed to bringing what - antennas, analyzers, generator, computers, power cables, etc.
That will help to answer some of the questions below as people start signing up.

https://buff.ly/30jFOzQ

Anthony Burokas
General Class Ham (KB3DVS)
Moderator: DFW Radio Operators list — DFW-RO
Member: Plano Amateur Radio Klub – http://k5prk.net
20-year video producer — IEBA.com

On 6/8/20 11:47 AM, Mikeltharp via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Sean Kelly

Mike:

As a practicing and faithful Catholic, per Canon law, I will neither approach nor be caught dead on Masonic property. This is a religious belief grounded in objective, immutable truth for over 150 years.

Thank you!

Sean P. Kelly, W5SPK
Professional Supply Chain Manager
Certified Firefighter / EMT - Basic
Cell: (214) 869-6043
Facebook: W5SPK
Twitter:  W5SPK

Private Mail - All Rights Reserved.  All parties in receipt and party to this email transmission maintain All Rights Reserved - UCC 1-308. This E-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S. §§ 2510-2521 and is legally privileged.

On Monday, June 8, 2020, 12:21:32 PM CDT, Mikeltharp via groups.io <mikeltharp@...> wrote:

[...]

Johnnie Young KG5CQO

OK group, I did the sign up for Summer Field Day, I am flexible and willing to share, switch, so others can have a turn.  I can also do logging for someone.  Basically those are the times I plan on being there.  I can go get the food and I can help pick up.  I do not have any equipment to bring to help.  If you need to change my places around, go ahead, not a problem.  Basically, Saturday 12 to 5 and Sunday 8 to 3.

Johnnie

KG5CQO

I can always give CW a try, but I am still slow.