From: Mikeltharp via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2020 10:01 PM
To: main@K5PRK.groups.io
Subject: [K5PRK] 2020 Field Day #FieldDay

Good Evening,

As of Thursday there were no sign ups for the 12 hours fro 7 PM Saturday (6/27) through 7 AM Sunday (6/28).  Given the rise in Covid numbers over the last few weeks, the low sign up numbers make sense.

As a result, we have decided to limit the on-site transmitter activity to Saturday from 1 to 7 PM.  Folks can still participate from home for the full 24 hrs.

Thank you,
Mike

Anthony

Thanks for the update.

Hope he does well and the rest of you are able to avoid it.

Anthony Burokas
General Class Ham (KB3DVS)
Moderator: DFW Radio Operators list — DFW-RO
Member: Plano Amateur Radio Klub – http://k5prk.net
20-year video producer — IEBA.com

On 6/24/20 11:46 AM, Tim Johnson K5TCJ wrote:

Mike T.

My Wylie firefighter son has tested positive for Covid19 along with a few other WFD personnel.

He is in total isolation, and as a precaution the rest of our family is taking a few steps back into isolation as well.

I can still bring the antennas to the FD site (2x 20M; 2x 40/15M; 2x 80/10M @ 8:00 AM), but I won’t be staying after dropping them off.

Stay safe and have fun,

Tim K5TCJ

Tim Johnson K5TCJ

Thanks.  That’s the plan. ;-)

On Jun 24, 2020, at 12:01, Anthony <KB3DVS@...> wrote:

Thanks for the update.

Hope he does well and the rest of you are able to avoid it.

Anthony Burokas
General Class Ham (KB3DVS)
Moderator: DFW Radio Operators list — DFW-RO
Member: Plano Amateur Radio Klub – http://k5prk.net
20-year video producer — IEBA.com

On 6/24/20 11:46 AM, Tim Johnson K5TCJ wrote:

Mike T.

My Wylie firefighter son has tested positive for Covid19 along with a few other WFD personnel.

He is in total isolation, and as a precaution the rest of our family is taking a few steps back into isolation as well.

I can still bring the antennas to the FD site (2x 20M; 2x 40/15M; 2x 80/10M @ 8:00 AM), but I won’t be staying after dropping them off.

Stay safe and have fun,

Tim K5TCJ

Johnnie Young KG5CQO

And prayers for your son.

Johnnie

As of Thursday there were no sign ups for the 12 hours fro 7 PM Saturday (6/27) through 7 AM Sunday (6/28).  Given the rise in Covid numbers over the last few weeks, the low sign up numbers make sense.

As a result, we have decided to limit the on-site transmitter activity to Saturday from 1 to 7 PM.  Folks can still participate from home for the full 24 hrs.

Thank you,
Mike

Tim Johnson K5TCJ

Thank you

On Jun 24, 2020, at 14:22, Johnnie Young KG5CQO <newham65now@...> wrote:

And prayers for your son.

Johnnie

As of Thursday there were no sign ups for the 12 hours fro 7 PM Saturday (6/27) through 7 AM Sunday (6/28).  Given the rise in Covid numbers over the last few weeks, the low sign up numbers make sense.

As a result, we have decided to limit the on-site transmitter activity to Saturday from 1 to 7 PM.  Folks can still participate from home for the full 24 hrs.

Thank you,
Mike

<C740203478C84A47898A94A7CF5D52C8.png>

Mikeltharp

Hello Tim,

I hope your son and your family get through this with the least impact.

We'll be thinking of you.

Mike

As of Thursday there were no sign ups for the 12 hours fro 7 PM Saturday (6/27) through 7 AM Sunday (6/28).  Given the rise in Covid numbers over the last few weeks, the low sign up numbers make sense.

As a result, we have decided to limit the on-site transmitter activity to Saturday from 1 to 7 PM.  Folks can still participate from home for the full 24 hrs.

Thank you,
Mike

Brian Trant

Tim,
Added to my prayer list.  Hoping for the best recovery results.  Be safe...
Brian / KF5VFM

Tim Johnson K5TCJ

Brian,

You too.